Young Migrant Voices
Boosting young migrant’s participation in decision-making processes at the Local Level
3rd – 9th of December 2017 (Lisbon, Portugal)
Young Migrant Voices aims at addressing the gap of participation of migrant youth in the political and social decision-making processes within their communities of destination.
With this purpose, this Training Course is designed for civil society representatives and local public servants working with youth related issues, who want to enhance their skills on how to motivate and actively involve young migrants and youth with migrant background, in the improvement of the communities where they live.
It will bring together experts from civil society organisations and local authorities from Finland, Macedonia, Germany, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey.
Therefore, the specific objectives of the Training Course are to:
• Empower CSOs and Municipalities on how to involve youth wit migrant background in their activities;
• Exchange and promote realities and good practices, in terms of cooperation between local authorities and civil society organisations, for the inclusion of young migrants in decision-making processes;
• Improve already existing local and regional integration policies and enhance the capacity of local stakeholders to work together, and alongside migrant youth, in the development of new programmes;
• Increase the involvement of all stakeholders in the process of integration of young migrants in decision-making processes;
• Support the integration of young migrants and develop among them a sense of belonging in their host communities;
• Empower and develop competencies of youth workers by delivering and exchanging methods of non-formal education in the concerned fields.